You can make your summer even more fun and easy with the help of a hattiesburg self storage unit. Renting a self-storage unit can be the perfect place to store your seasonal items. With climate controlled units you can store your items all year around. Instead of filling up the garage with all that extra summer gear, you can use a storage unit instead. Self-storage units come in a variety of sizes, so you can store everything from pool accessories to boats.
Here are some great tips for summer time storage:
- Store your out of season clothing - Wash and dry-clean everything before storage. Some stains that are now invisible may darken with age. To decrease wrinkles in sweaters, fold them and wrap in white tissue paper before storing. If you hang your sweaters, fold over the cross bar to avoid shoulder stretches.
- Keep cool with a climate controlled unit- If you need to store electronics, books, paintings, antiques, or furniture, you may want to consider renting a climate controlled unit to keep your valuables cool and protected from the summer heat.
- Storing your winter sports items- Have your equipment turned up before storage and make sure you prepare and wax the bases of skis and snowboards. Store skis upright they should be in usable condition come the next winter.
- Hesitant to buy that above ground swimming pool? Jump on in and rent a self-storage unit at the end of summer to securely store your pool and accessories. You won’t have to worry about using additional space in your home or selling the items when summer is over.
- What not to store - Don’t pack anything that has a shelf life and is likely to spoil, melt, or smell bad when the heat gets intense. You should also never store household or garage items like: gasoline, paint thinners, cleaning solvents, motor oil, propane tanks, paint, corrosives, or fireworks.