5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU RENT A SELF STORAGE UNIT
September 30th, 2019
Here is a list of 5 things you should know before renting a storage unit.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU MOVE INTO STORAGE
- Accessibility: Most of our Tellus Self Storage facilities have 24 hour access, however there are a few that have restricted hours. When looking for a storage facility be sure to check the hours. Ensuring that you can access your items on your schedule will help alleviate some of the worry and stress that is associated with placing items into storage.
- Pricing: Prices vary from location to location as well as by sizes. If you aren’t sure what size storage unit you need we suggest the Storage Calculator. Additionally you can also talk to one of our Storage Experts to determine the best size storage unit for your needs.
- Availability: Even if you happen to find the perfect storage facility you will need to verify that they have available storage units. It is a good idea to start your search for a storage unit as soon as you find out you need a storage unit. While some times of the year are busier than others, the earlier you know the better your chances of getting into the storage unit of your choice. Additionally there might be some discounts that you just miss out on if you don’t act quickly.
- Location: Make sure that the storage unit you pick is in a good location. Convenient for you to access, as well as near to where you will be (if possible). Also be sure to check the lighting of the facility, if you spot any lights out let the Property Manager know.
- Reviews: While experiences vary from person to person and location to location we do suggest you check reviews then address any concerns you have with the Property Manager of your facility. Negative reviews might hold a grain of truth but the person leaving them might also be angry and exaggerated. Have an open mind when reading reviews and also be sure to ask.
This self storage tip was of what not to store was brought to you by our Tellus Self Storage Spanish Fort Alabama location.