SELF-STORAGE SPRING CLEANING
February 28th, 2023
Spring is just around the corner, so it’s time for spring cleaning. Decluttering can be stressful without a plan or place to put excess items. Being torn over the thought of keeping or giving away sentimental items can be challenging. Spring cleaning will be a breeze with a Tellus Self Storage unit and a plan.
- Determine what you’ll keep, throw away, give away, sell, or store in storage.
- Purchase and label containers or boxes to know what’s inside and their purpose.
- Separate what you’re keeping and then separate what you’re selling, storing, donating, and giving away.
- Put away your winter items, such as shovels, snow blowers, and heavy coats, in storage until next winter.
- Swap out your closet of winter clothes for spring wear.
- Use the Tellus Self Storage calculator https://www.tellusselfstorage.com/self-storage-calculator to determine what size storage unit would be appropriate for the number of items you plan on storing.
- You’ll need climate-controlled storage If you plan on storing the following:
- Furniture containing wood, metal, wicker, or leather.
- Other items are made of the materials listed above.
- Electronics (Computers, Video Games, etc.)
- DVDs, videos, vinyl records, etc.
- Leather or lace clothing
- Important documents
- Musical instruments
- Stamps, coins, comic books, etc.
- Medical supplies and medications
- Makeup and toiletries
- Household appliances
- Sports equipment
- Bicycles with leather seat
- A Tellus Self Storage unit rental that’s 10×10 or larger comes with a free moving truck.
- Stack your boxes vertically to make your unit more space and walkable.
DONATING/ GIVING AWAY
- You can mail packages to the person you’re giving your stuff to, or you could schedule a time and place to meet somewhere.
- Goodwill is an excellent choice for donating your items.
- There are a variety of methods for selling your stuff.
- Yard Sale
- Facebook Marketplace
- Meet in a populated public place if you’re meeting someone online to sell something. Shopping centers & nearby police stations are safe options for transaction locations.
- Now it’s time to dust all the rooms and windows and vacuum afterward.
- Replace curtains and deep-clean furniture.
- Flip and clean your mattresses.
- Wipe down lightbulbs.
- Clean showers and tubs
- Mop floors
- Clean sheds and garages
Now that you have a plan for spring cleaning start the process with a Tellus Self Storage unit!